Search My Blog

Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Garden Tour – In Pictures…

DSCN0744

In my previous post, I mentioned that I was becoming a stranger to my own garden. I decided that it was a good time to spend strolling around the garden. I noticed some subtle changes to my garden since I left for Johor late December last year. I decided to share my ‘findings’ in this blog posting. There’ll be less talking, and more pictures. After all, a picture equals a thousand words right? Haha…



DSCN0749Here’s my dog, Dicky. In case you’re wondering, I decided to post my doggy’s photo because he’s the only ‘farm animal’ here.

DSCN0755 DSCN0763
My mom’s a pretty good gardener. It wasn’t too long ago that these potted aloe veras were still soft and tiny. Now, they’re huge and prickly.

DSCN0719 Close up view of the potted aloe veras.

DSCN0759Here is all that remains of my longan tree. Further proof of my brother’s doing. I heard he’s learning how to use a chainsaw now…

DSCN0753

My mom’s mini herb garden. Creative use of polystyrene crates and a twist of green magic (or should I say ‘green fingers’) is all that’s needed.

DSCN0696 Here’s my mom’s early attempt at planting herbs in the garden. Not very successful, as Dicky occasionally squashes the plants. At the right of the picture is my brother Leonard's terrarium; home to three turtles (one of them just died last December :-( …..)

DSCN0765

Herb patch and terrarium, viewed from another angle.

DSCN0695

That’s just about all I’d like to share for now. In Part 2, I will showcase some of plants that can be found in my garden. Please return for updates soon. :-)

______________________________________________________________________________________

===END===

No comments:

Post a Comment