Search My Blog

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Coconut…Still There…

I could hardly believe it.

I had been home for about a week, and I just realized…that my coconut tree was still standing.

DSCN0745

So what is all the fuss about then?

It’s like this actually. I arrived home from the airport on a very hot Wednesday afternoon, after being away from home for about four months, realizing that I lost two rambutan trees and a guava tree to my notorious brother (he loves chopping down trees by the way).

Needless to say, the front porch of the house was unusually bright and sunny when it was usually well shaded by the green leafy canopies that used to cover the front portion of the garden.

It took me more than a whole week to realize that the coconut tree was still standing! Oh my goodness, what on earth happened to my keen sense of observation? It must have been the heat. I had probably been staying indoors for too long.

Hmm…it’s probably high time I mowed the lawn, and got a better view of the garden anyway.

 

===END===

1 comment:

  1. Now i know that your house is the one with coconut tree in front...lol

    ReplyDelete