Search My Blog

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

All Joy Food? No Joy, only Pain…

I made a complaint to the NCCC (National Consumer Complaints Centre). It reads as follows (adapted for reading on this site):

______________________________________________________________________________________

Just today, I my brother and I went to Wisma Saberkas to meet up with a friend over tea. My friend suggested we meet up at a place called All Joy Good Food, which is located at Wisma Saberkas, Upper Ground Floor. The company was very disappointing in that they didn't offer a replacement for the order we placed as they had presented to us food that we didn’t order. When the waiter delivered the food to our table, we told her that it was not our order, as we had ordered something different (Kolo Mee, RM 3.90 per dish). The three of us had placed order for the same dish, and all three of us received the wrong order (Noodle with sesame chicken, RM 5.50 each). After negotiating with the boss, the she agreed to have only one of our order replaced, meaning that the other two orders remained unchanged. I was unhappy with this proposal and went to see the boss again. Yes, I had to storm into the kitchen, very embarrassing. This time, she blackmailed us, saying that she could choose not to have that one order replaced, hinting to us that it was a take it or leave it proposition. I was infuriated as the boss gave a very rude reply. I was forced to accept the order that was presented to me, which costs an extra RM 1.60 each, bringing my loss to RM 3.20 (two orders).  Furthermore, the receipt was not issued immediately and my friend's order (the dish that was changed) was delivered very late. To add insult to injury, when I told the waiter that I would like to have a word with the boss over this issue, she told me that she (the boss) would not wish to come to my table, and instead, I had to walk right into the kitchen to see her. This is indeed a very degrading experience and if I was in a better position, this event could have warranted a lawsuit. I told the boss that this was the last time I would ever step into her shop, and all I got from her was a curt and rude reply: "I'm sorry to hear that.". The amount I loss during this experience may seem negligible to some, but this should never have happened in the first place. On behalf of the three of us who are affected by this unfortunate incident, I implore the NCCC to look into this matter so that it does not have to happen to anyone else. Please do not hesitate to contact me for more details.

______________________________________________________________________________________

It is very surprising to see such rude antics coming from a person I presume to be decently educated. I will never set foot into that shop again, ever.

===END===

6 comments:

  1. Will definitely mark that place down Lionel. XD

    Was having the same experience a few weeks back. Coffee shop in Sibu, the whole family sitting down for lunch. I ordered Chinese tea, cold. The waitress gave me milk tea, cold. I started to say, "Can I have a change of this?", and mom asked me to keep quiet, saying, "Just drink whatever is given for you okay? Don't create a scene."

    O-K-A-Y. I was fuming but keeping really quiet. If my family was not there, I would have argued.

    And the waitress looked at me with this holier-than-thou look. Argh. Super fuming.

    What's up with the food industry these days?

    P/S: Am following your blog. Awesome pics there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is too bad!!!

    I had been here in Singapore for 5 weeks, all I can say is the attitude and manner of Singaporean is much much better than Malaysian.

    Speaking about attitude and manner, Malaysian is nowhere close to Singaporean, especially those government servant.

    Ok, that is all I want to say, hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joe, I totally agree with you. I noticed that the Singaporeans are more civic-minded. Malaysians have a lot of catching up to do it seems. *Sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kuching oh Kuching. What is wrong with you? Lionel, thanks for highlighting your plight with us. The boss definitely was wrong when she said "I am sorry to hear that" for she did not know the power of multi-level-dismarketing through blogs. She'll regret that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stupid place! No more next time! I am sorry you have to go through all that!!!!

    ReplyDelete